Click here to download the PDF version of the VSI Certified Installer FAQs.
1) Experienced Installer Class (one day of classroom instruction by a Certified Trainer)
- Installer must have minimum of two years of installation experience.
- Installers register through Certified Trainer.
- Certified Trainer presents classroom portion of installer training to prepare students for examination, then administers examination.
- No class size restrictions.
2) Test-out Option (no class instruction)
- Installer must have a minimum of two years installation experience.
- Installers register directly through DataBanque using the Test-out Option Packet.
- DataBanque verifies and approves the Certified Installer Candidate’s and proctor’s qualifications.
- Proctor follows procedures to administer examination.
If you do not have the required installation experience, you can still attend the class as a Non-certification Participant or as an Apprentice Installer.
Non-certification Participants are students who are not actively installing vinyl siding, but want to have the training and knowledge about installing vinyl siding. Companies sometimes have their customer service or sales representatives take the course as Non-certification Participants. Non-certification Participants do not take the certification examination.
An installer without two years of experience can still participate in the program as an Apprentice Installer. Apprentice Installers will not receive their certification until they pass the examination and obtain the required experience.