How to Become a VSI Certified Installer
For skilled siding installers, becoming a VSI Certified Installer is easy — just take a class taught by a VSI Certified Trainer and pass an exam that tests your knowledge about vinyl siding installation. Classes are offered across the U.S. and Canada, and now you can take the class online. Click here for details. The cost of the class and exam is $175.
To become a VSI Certified Installer, you must have at least two years of installation experience. If you have less than two years of experience, you may still participate in the program as an Apprentice Installer, but you will not receive your certification until you obtain the required experience.
Your certification through the VSI Certified Installer Program is valid for three years, after which you must recertify.
Benefits of Being a VSI Certified Installer
There are many benefits to being certified through the VSI Certified Installer Program, including:
- Independent validation of your skills and knowledge
- Improved credibility as a qualified professional installer
- Higher quality work requiring fewer callbacks
- Increased exposure through the website registry
- Use of the VSI Certified Installer logo and marketing materials