The Vinyl Siding Institute, Inc. (VSI) is the trade association for manufacturers of vinyl and other polymeric siding and suppliers to the industry.
The purpose of VSI is to further the development and growth of the vinyl siding industry by:
- Maintaining and expanding markets for vinyl and other polymeric siding.
- Addressing regulatory issues, including material restrictions, monitoring of building codes, and the education of building code developers and regulators.
- Helping develop material, product and performance standards by working through standards-making organizations and code bodies.
- Sponsoring certification programs that improve the quality of siding and its installation.
- Providing a forum for issues of interest to the vinyl siding industry.
- Using VSI resources to share information with the industry and its customers on the benefits of vinyl and other polymeric siding.
- Engaging in product stewardship and outreach activities to enhance the image of the industry and its products.